We have arrangements in place for you to be provided with an insurance policy that includes the following required features, and that only has the following permitted exclusions:
Iansyst Limited is an Appointed Representative of Specialty Risks Limited (FRN: 771865) which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
* The insurance policy document appears to exclude malicious damage. However, 3rd party malicious damage is included in a separate agreement between iansyst Ltd and our Insurance company.
** Please note your standard DSA insurance cover may not provide worldwide cover. Any additional charge will be payable by you (‘the student’) and cover may be for a limited period of time.
Please note, the above matrix is a summary. For full policy details, please click here. Alternatively, please contact us on 01223 420 101 so we can refer you to our insurance partner.
If you were awarded your equipment before June 2019, please contact us for full policy details.
When using this insurance iansyst will ask you to complete an insurance claim form to outline the claim details. One this has been sent to the insurer, we will continue to chase the insurer for the completion of the repair(s) on a four weekly basis. Iansyst may continue to chase this three times to resolve the issues.
Theft and accidental damage insurance is a recommended option for all DSA (Disabled Students’ Allowance) systems; computers, software and peripherals. The length of insurance term can be the same as the computer warranty and the choice available for these can be for as long as 5 years where applicable, thereby providing the DSA student with full equipment cover for the length of their course.
The main reason for insuring all systems is to offer quicker and easier support, and to save time deciding responsibility, assessing damage, getting quotes and organising payment.
Also if students do not take out insurance and equipment is stolen, any replacement of the equipment would be at the students’ expense. At present, insurance and warranty premiums can be paid for by their DSA.
What does buying insurance from us mean for the student?
• Peace of mind – if any of the kit we supply does not work for practically any reason, it is covered and we can fix it at no extra cost to the student.
• Quicker turn around – because payment is covered by either the warranty or the insurance we can speed up the repair or replacement process.
• The customer doesn’t normally get caught in the middle whilst the insurance company argues that it is a warranty issue (”so go to the manufacturer”) and the manufacturer argues it is accidental damage (”so go to the insurer”).
• Guaranteed cover – we arrange the cover at the time of purchase so there are no forms to lose and no complex process of getting quotes and renewals every year. Also, there will be no risk of not renewing the insurance and ending up with no equipment.
Advice to students: There are still some inevitable exclusions; such as leaving a computer visible in a car (even if locked).
Please note that the insurance covers sudden and unforeseen causes, not things that happen gradually as a result of rough handling. The manufacturer may claim that these are more than fair wear and tear so not covered by the warranty.
There’s less chance of hassle
•· Both registration and claims take much less hassle and paperwork as they are all a routine part of our normal workflow;
•· Both we and the customer benefit since we get the problem solved as efficiently as possible, saving the student’s time, and also freeing up our support team to help with other queries.
We provide warranty extension schemes for our computers and most hardware products we sell which enables extended cover for up to 5 years after the purchase. Available extended warranties and costs are shown on the product pages under the individual items and can be easily added to the quote.
Our warranty scheme can provide new for old replacements where appropriate. If you have problems with equipment under our warranty you should report it to our technical support team who will deal with the issue directly or contact the manufacturer on your behalf. We always do our best to make sure you have a working machine as soon as possible, but unfortunately we cannot make any guarantees about the time it will take to get your hardware repaired. However we endeavour to work within the guidelines laid down by the DSA-QAG Quality Assurance Framework (QAF).
Our warranties are insured and cover parts, labour and replacement if necessary. We will register warranties and insurance on behalf of the student for DSA orders. It is important that the student keeps all paperwork safe for the duration of its term.