User Not Found
| Jun 09, 2014
You may find this article useful if:
- Word Crashes when opened
- Excel Crashed when opened
- You see the following error
This error is usually caused by broken or incompatible Addins in office – To resolve this problem the offending addin must be disabled.
- Firstly hold the Windows key & press “R” to open a “Run” dialog box.
- Type “winword /safe” or copy and paste the text below and press “Enter”
- Word should now open up in safe mode
- Click File > options > and then click Add-ins
- At the bottom of the add ins window you will see Manage, make sure this is set to “COM Add-ins” and click “Go
- You will now be able to see a list of all the current Add-ins, You can untick an item to stop it loading with office and stop it crashing and then click “Ok”
Note: It may take a little trial an error to find the malfunctioning Add-in.
7. Now close all the open windows and restart Microsoft Word as normal.