| Jun 09, 2014
Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You may find this article useful if:
- You need to connect your computer to a new Wi-Fi network
- You Wi-Fi password has been changed for security reasons
- You experience problems with your Wi-Fi connection
To connect to any wireless network you usually need to have that networks wireless passphrase or key.
- You can commonly find the wireless passphrase on the Router that has been supplied by your internet service provider on a sticker on the back or underneath of the router.
- If you wish to connect to a network that belongs to someone else or is a public network you will need to obtain the key from the owner.
- Once you have the key, click on the icon for Wi-Fi to the bottom right of your screen .
- You will now see a list of available wireless networks, Find the network you want to connect to and left click on it.
Note: Make sure you are trying to connect to the right network; sometimes the names of the networks can look similar so double-check to make sure you have selected the right one.
3. Next click on “Connect” and you will be asked to enter the wireless key for this network
4. Carefully type the key into the box provided and then click on “Ok”
5. After a moment you should now be connected to your chosen wireless network.
NOTE: If you are still not able to connect you will need to speak to whoever administers your network as there may be some specific settings applied to the router preventing it from connecting. The next call should be to your ISP for support.