| Jun 09, 2014
You should fine this article useful if:
- You believe you have a virus
- Your Google searches or browsing is being Redirected
- You are getting lots of Pop ups or adverts
1) Firstly you need to download a tool remove the malware from your system – We recommend malware bytes and can you download it from the following link: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/
2) Start the Install of Malwarebytes by double clicking the mbam-setup file. The setup will guide you through the installation and clicking “next” will guide you to the next screen until the install is complete.
Note: when given the option please deselect the “ Enable free trial of Malwarebytes” option
Click Finish to complete the setup and open Malwarebytes.
3) You should now see a screen like the one below and the program will start to update its virus database - If you don’t see the green tick next to the database version , click “update now” to make sure the program has received the latest’s updates.
4) Now that the program ha the latest updates we need to start a full computer scan which you can do by clicking “Scan now” button. Whilst a scan is in progress it will look like the image below.
Note: Depending on the amount of files, computer speed and amount of infections this scan could take a couple of hours.
5) When the scan has completed, you will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes has detected. To remove the malicious programs that Malwarebytes has found, click on the “Quarantine All” button, and then click on the “Apply Now” button.
Note: Malwarebytes may prompt to restart the computer to complete the removal of some items; You should save any open work and allow the restart to happen.
6) Your computer should now be clean of viruses but performing a secondary scan is recommended to double check the scan has found all malicious items.