Why are ergonomics important?
Aside from the overwhelming health and wellbeing benefits for your employees, the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 means that employers have an obligation to protect your staff from any risks associated with Display Screen Equipment (DSE), for example, using computers and laptops.
If your organisation has DSE users, you must:
- analyse the employees workstation to assess and reduce any risks
- ensure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure risks are reduced
- provide information and training for staff
- provide eye and eyesight tests and special spectacles if needed.
- review the original assessment when the user or DSE changes
To find out more about your obligations as an employer, please visit the Health and Safety Executive website