Recite logo

Caring and Flexible Working

by User Not Found | Aug 06, 2015

Findings published on the 31st July 2009 by the Department for Work and Pensions show that over half of those asked did not know how to request flexible working arrangments, or who is eligible for flexible working arrangements.

Who Can Request Flexible Working?

If you have been working for an employer for 26 weeks and:

  • Have a child under 16, or a disabled child under 18 or
  • Care, or expect to be caring, for an adult who is a spouse, partner, civil partner or specified relative, or who although not related to them, live at the same address as you

You are entitled to request flexible working arrangements from your employer to enable you to better manage the demands of home and working life and achieve a reasonable work/life balance.

Reasonable adjustments do not have to be costly, time-consuming or inconvenient for other staff – sometimes a little flexibility is all that is required.

How To Apply

For more information on flexible working, visit Directgov: Who can request flexible working?