How to Reset Google Chrome
| Jun 09, 2014
You May find this article useful if:
- You browsing is being redirected
- You are getting lots of adverts / Pop ups
- Chrome will not open
- Chrome crashes frequently
To reset Google Chrome please follow these instructions
- Make sure Google Chrome is closed.
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the run dialog.
- Type in the following and press enter %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\
Press Ctrl + A to select all the files in the folder.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU DELETE THE BOOKMARKS FILES YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR BOOK MARKS AN THEY CANNOT BE RETRIEVED – Take Extra care.
4. Hold down Ctrl + A and click once on the files “Bookmarks” and “Bookmarks.bak”. This will unselect them.
5. With all the files selected (except for your Bookmarks), press the Delete key and click Yes to delete the files.
6. Restart Google chrome and it should now have been reset